Who are we?
Kastorf Law is a litigation boutique founded by Kurt Kastorf. Kurt began his legal practice in Georgia, at King & Spalding LLP, before moving to Washington, D.C. Over the next eight years—first at the Justice Department and then at WilmerHale LLP—Kurt routinely handled some of the nation’s most challenging appellate, litigation, and regulatory matters. Kurt now brings his experience as a Washington, D.C. litigator back to Georgia.
What do we do?
Kastorf Law helps individuals, companies, and organizations handle their most challenging issues. Our practice is centered around three pillars:
- Litigation: We both represent our own clients and associate with other trial counsel in high-stakes and challenging litigation likely to go to trial.
- Regulation: We tackle complex regulatory challenges across a variety of subject areas, providing counseling, defending against enforcement actions, and initiating affirmative litigation.
- Appeals: Kurt Kastorf has worked on more than 100 appeals, including before every circuit of the United States Court of Appeals, the Court of Appeals of Georgia, and both the Georgia and United States Supreme Court.
What makes us different?
A lot of things. But here are just a few:
- We offer the best of both worlds. Large D.C. firms offer a top notch client experience and senior attorneys with sterling resumes and inside knowledge of regulatory litigation. But they charge you for the privilege (and their overhead), push the work onto inexperienced attorneys (who still cost an arm and a leg), and aren’t comfortable with contingency and alternate fee structures. Atlanta boutiques offer better rates, more creative solutions, and knowledge of Georgia practice, but not the depth of legal expertise. Why choose? You can have a D.C. resume and Atlanta ingenuity at the same time.
- We are the right fit for you, no matter who you are. Kurt Kastorf has worked for three of the five largest internet companies in country, three of the five largest banks, the world’s largest retailer, and U.S. Presidential candidates. . . and he’s also helped individual Georgians hurt in trucking accidents or injured by defective products and bad acts of others. If you have a uniquely challenging legal problem requiring a creative solution, Kastorf Law may be the right fit for you, no matter who you are.
- We will find a creative pricing solution. Many of our clients pay us by the hour. But we also work on contingency, flat fee, and hybrid models. And we don’t just originate cases; Kastorf Law works as consultants, co-counsel, and local counsel. We will work to find a creative solution to your matter.
Are we the right firm for you?
Let’s help you figure it out. Some firms claim to be good at everything, then learn by doing on your dime or farm out your case once you walk through the door. Kastorf Law doesn’t hide the ball. Take a look at our areas of expertise. For each one, you’ll see that we tell you exactly what sort of matters you should call us on. We look forward to hearing from you.
Read more about Kastorf Law
Please check out some of Kastorf Law’s news and analysis to learn more about the firm:
- Kastorf Law defeated a subpoena brought against a nonprofit organization in the Superior Court of Fulton County.
- The Georgia General Assembly continues to debate how to let Kastorf Law’s client, the DeKalb Board of Ethics, get back to work. In the meantime, Kastorf Law has asked the Superior Court of DeKalb County for interim relief.
- Kurt Kastorf was again selected for inclusion in SuperLawyers.
- Kastorf Law has helped to launch the Georgia Legal Accelerator.